Apple just released iOS 14 beta 2 and it is hoped that, in addition to more news, bring bug fixes. However, there are still several new features that did not appear in the first beta for developers.
After downloading and installing, we will validate what the Cupertino company brought in this new version.
iOS 14 beta 2 is online
Two weeks after WWDC, Apple today released iOS 14 beta 2 for developers. The update iterates and refines many of the new features introduced in iOS 14.
So, at a first glance, iOS 14 beta 2 features build number 18A5319i. Developers can upgrade from beta 1 through the Settings app. Simply open the Definitionschoose General and then the option Software update. If you don’t see iOS 14 beta 2 immediately, wait for the update to appear.
According to what Apple referred, iOS 14 will be available for public beta sometime in July. However, so far, it has not yet been launched, but you may now have your chance.
What’s new in beta 2?
- The Settings app will not allow you to install an update if it is playing audio on your device: “This update cannot be installed while the audio is playing”.
- New icon for the Calendar app.
- The Small Reminders widget shows a task, not just the count.
- The Files app now has widget options for “quick access files you recently opened”.
- There is a new setting for the Music application that allows you to manually disable animated cover art or limit it to Wi-Fi only.
- The hands on the Clock app icon are slightly thicker.
- The Add widget button now matches the background color.
- Minor changes in the Weather application: visual change in air quality, shows your current street, instead of the city, at the bottom.
- Change in the notification area of the clipboard.
- The Messaging app bug seems to no longer be felt, it may have been fixed.
For now we have not seen any other changes, but at any time we can update this list.