The Samsung Galaxy Fold 2 is the next big foldable from the Korean manufacturer. However, it was removed from the Unpacked event, which will take place in August. So far, it is not known when we will see the new foldable, but according to ETNews, the specifications are powerful.
This South Korean source claims to know the full specs of the new Samsung folding. With all this delay, it is possible that we will only see the Galaxy Fold 2 in broad daylight closer to the end of the year. The device is also becoming known as the Galaxy Z Fold 2.
Alleged Samsung Galaxy Fold 2 specifications
- 7.7-inch Super AMOLED main screen with Ultra Thin Glass
- 6.2-inch secondary screen
- 120Hz refresh rate
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+ processor
- 12 GB of RAM
- 512 GB of internal storage
- Rear camera: 64 MP (telephoto main lens 3x optical zoom) + 12 MP (wide angle) + 3 unspecified lenses
- Front camera: two 10 MP lenses
- 4365 mAh battery with charge up to 25W
- 15W wireless charging
- Android 10 with One UI 2.5
According to these features, Samsung decided to offer a larger secondary screen to users. The original Galaxy Fold had a 4.3 inch screen and the Fold 2 will have 6.2 inches. Therefore, when closed, the equipment will have a screen closer to the size of a “normal” smartphone.
One of the most attractive features is certainly the 120Hz refresh rate. Should these specifications become a reality, we are looking at the most powerful folding smartphone on the market.
4gnews editors recommend: